Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fired???????

I no longer have the worst job ever!

According to the staffing agency I appeared to "lack motivation," because I asked for my Birthday off and also, on my fourth day - of having to stand around doing nothing - I arrived late.
There's no excuse for arriving late, but if you arrived late and still beat the boss to work, then the fact he found out you were late is cause to assume that his informant will most likely NOT be divulging that you arrive early every other day.

All I know is the other temp, who was eager to have a three day weekend, kept pressing me to ask the boss if we had Monday off. I had already told her that the office would be open Monday, and I later watched the associate manager tell her the exact same thing.

Everyone loves a three day weekend but I wasn't planning to take Monday off. In fact I told the other temp that because she already made plans to go camping, that I'd be fine with working Monday (which would've been a great opportunity for me to fly my first solo mission on a slow day.)

So at the end of Thursday, she went to the boss to inquire for herself. Then she left abruptly, and then I was asked not to come back. They said that "with the long weekend coming up" they thought I'd enjoy having Friday to myself as well.


I think I got fucked.


The staffing agency says they're not going to put a negative mark in my file because even though I was being trained by a temp who had a whole 2 weeks seniority over me, not having a desk, phone, computer or chair made it impossible for me to perform the job they hired me for (which, btw, was NOT Assistant Receptionist.)

I was viewing this shitty job as an opportunity for me to spin straw into gold. The only thing bringing me back to work each day was my internal insistence that this was a test of my enduring positive attitude. So being accused of lacking motivation is the fucking DIM (dick in mouth.)

Anyhow, they're looking to restaff the position but I think they're doing it internally because I have yet to see this posting on Craig's list.


Help Wanted:

Insecure, Front Desk Temp Seeks Assistant/Scapegoat

Full time, Mon-Fri

Duties include sorting, filing, copying and spending most of the day in time-out.

Successful candidates will possess mortgage industry experience and a complacency with having all interactions with upper management brokered through a jaded, error prone cow who is aggressively vying for permanent placement.

Permanent placement for this position is not likely, but it will feel like an eternity.

Applicants with birthdays need not apply.

3 comments:

Edward M. Meshuris said...

Dood! Happy Birthday! How was your Friday? I've been following your blog and terrorizing every female with the info from the land before time post...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
es138 said...

My Birthday was good. I took the day off.